Wonders abound. Another day – another 3 page free write! Another wondrous adventure about to unfold – filled with love, joy, grooviness and yes – fear!!!
There is ample room and space for a creative explosion to occur. A choice to choose to co-create a space of vast inertia, pulling and pushing in multiple dimensions simultaneously screaming for life to rocket into the universe like a firework on the Fourth of July!
Approaching – gaining momentum – no hold backs only unleashing eruptions of colors – ideas upon ideas – grooviness will abound – Oh I’ve said that before but it’s okay because it is worthy of being said and re-said repeatedly over and over – grooviness truly does abound! For it is time to create and co-create. Occur the occurrence – Feel the textures of life’s different patterns. Embrace – hold – let go and free the need to be held back – just let go!
Set the stage for releasing the unleashed – set the stage for liberating the FOS and FOF – the fear of success and the fear of failure! Rather , now I am more afraid of NOT unleashing my creative mind. The creative mind that refuses to be silenced! How – I may ask?
- Well – I will start by redefining my creative mind to include making mistakes as part of the goal.
- I will have the creative mind usurp my fear space by making an agreement to.
- No longer run from the terrors in my mind
- I will stop steadfast in the midst of this uncharted terrain
- And I will look at fear straight in the eye and tell it “Hello – I know you” because I do.
- I will greet fear – “You have taken up space in my mind for so long that I have created (ha) a reserved spot in my mind just for you -“
- I will embrace and acknowledge this reserved spot because I know like the back of my hand that fear will always be there.” And that is a good thing because…
As I dare to do this – I suddenly notice that the fear I was once so afraid of now looks vulnerable and fragile to me -like an inner knowing that this day would come; the day when I would be able to befriend my fears and use its fuel to feed my creative mind.
As I pull fear even closer to me I feel its every breath, listen to its every thought and hear its every word that used to permeate my every cell to keep me in my sameness. Fear was my anecdote to a creative mind!
Now grooviness abounds as I realize that a grace filled life after addiction includes using the fuel that derives from fear to unleash my creative mind!!! This includes making mistakes and experiencing disappointments knowing that the discomforts of stumbling will make achieving the dream tastes that much sweeter!!!
President – Chemical Dependency Training Consortium of the Northwest
CITO Transformative Life Coach